Monday, September 8, 2008

I have a clear conscience 问心无愧

Attended an basketball invitation and became referee for it last week. It is a international invitation game where 6 teams from different countries participated. It is quite a good chances for me as a FIBA referee to gain experience, however, I had been 'favor' as patriotic referee, not even me, most of the Malaysian referee were involved.

The press had published articles that many spectators deem that Malaysian team can beat Singapore which is a hot team for strike the champion is due to the referee take sides for the host team. In the final day, I am one of the referee for the fianl game, which is Malaysia against Korea. Korea's coach appealled that the referee for the game is seriously take side and cause them lost the game.

The organizer was using three mans officiating in attempt to make the game run smooth. I am the referee, a referee should be fair and justice, this is a rule that never change. Everytime while I was officiating basketball game, I do not take any subjective elements in my judgement because I knew that it might influence my judgement. I wish to be praise as a good referee, and therefore have the chance to perform in higher level game in the future.

Man do make mistake. While I was on duty, I always try my best to minimise mistake. However, sometime we still be scolded by spectators, players and even coaches when they disagree with my judgement. Sometime, the misunderstand occur because of different angle, and sometime we do admit that it is a mistake. The players' action are very fast, but we have to make a judgement in 0.5 second, it is a tough job. Those who became referee before understand us.

I had to declare that i have a clear conscience everytime I officiating game, including the game between Malaysian and Korea last night.

Nevertheless, everything was over. It is now the beginning point of my third year study in college. I should be very clear about what should I achieve at the moment and do what shoud I do now.

在上星期出席了一项篮球邀请赛,也担任了该赛会的裁判工作。这是一项国际邀请赛,共有6队来自6国的队伍参与其盛。这对我身为一名国际裁判无非是个累积经验的好机会,然而,我却被冠上了爱国裁判的荣衔,不只是我,几乎所有大马籍裁判都一样。

在一篇新闻报道中,观众普遍认为马来西亚队能够击败夺标大热门新加坡是因为裁判偏帮主队的缘故。在最后一天,我是本赛会最后一场球赛的裁判之一,对垒队伍为马来西亚与韩国。韩国教练申诉导致他们输掉这场比赛的原因是裁判员严重偏帮所致。

主办当局采用三人裁判法,以便球赛能顺利进行。身为一名裁判,我深知公平与公正是裁判员应有的本质,是个不变的定理。每当我在执行任务的时候,我都不会将主观因素融入我的判决之内,因为我了解,这样绝对会对我的所有判决带来影响。我希望能被赞赏为一名好的裁判员,从而有机会在更高等级的球赛中表现我的裁判法。

人非圣贤,孰能无过?每次我执行任务时,都会竭力将失误降至最低点。然而,当我们的判决不被认同时,我们还是时常被观众、球员、甚至教练员责骂。有时,我们必须承认失误,但是有时却是角度不同的因素导致误会的产生。球员么的动作东很快,裁判员必须在0.5秒的时间内反映并且做出判决,是一项艰巨的任务。曾经担任过这个工作的人,就会明白我们的处境。

我必须在一次强调,对于每一场比赛,我问心无愧,包括昨晚马来西亚对垒韩国的比赛。

不过,一切都结束了。现在是我大学生涯第三年的开始。我应该很明白我自己的目标,以及我应该如何去达到这个目标才是。

2 comments:

pinkfame said...

can see that referee is not an easy job. i believe that you did a fair judgement during the game as you were trained well to do so. just ignore what ppl said as long you know that you are doing the right thing. korea sure said such thing la, cos they lost ma. hehe.

fanchong said...

Thank you my sister for encourage and motivate me.....I will try my best in the future.